6 Creative Holiday Event Catering Ideas
CORPORATE HOLIDAY EVENT CATERING TIPS FROM THE FIFTH TORONTO
From sit-down lunch and dinner, interactive food stations to Instagram-worthy beverage and dessert bars… here are 6 ways we’re adding creative flair to holiday event catering in 2017.
1. Welcome Guests With A Holiday Beverage Station
Holiday beverage stations are a great way to set the tone for the evening. This year we expanded our collection to include:
- Hot Chocolate or Eggnog Bar with toppings from shaved chocolate, mini marshmallows, whipped cream and crushed candy canes to cinnamon. Add the option to make it merry.
- Hot Apple Cider Bar with cinnamon stick, nutmeg and apple rings
- Holiday Cocktails This year our bartenders created a festive collection of drinks from Partridge in a Pear Tree (pear vodka, prosecco, rosemary) to White Chocolate Martini. See The Fifth’s Holiday Beverage Menu
2. Have Fun with Active Food Stations
For clients looking for innovative catering ideas for their holiday event, we suggest wowing guests with non-traditional and active food stations. “Create your own” type stations allow guests to personalize their own meal, which is especially helpful for those with dietary restrictions. Here are our new favourites you can get excited about:
- Bao Bun Station – perfectly on trend and delicious, guests will enjoy the bright flavour combinations of Korean glazed chicken, marinated pork or tofu with pickled vegetables and our plethora of sauces on pillowy steamed buns
- Taco Stand – a zestful taco stand will spice up the holiday party where guests fill their own tacos with pulled beef or ground chicken, colourful chopped vegetables, cheeses, pico de gallo, salsa and an assortment of sauces
- Asian Station – a dramatic collection of smaller stations ranging from lettuce wraps, dim sum and rice bowls to curry with naan bread.
3. Change Up Your Party Routine with an Office Holiday Lunch
Holiday lunch is a wonderful alternative to the traditional office holiday party. A plated lunch with shared sides offers the best elements of communal and refined dining. Cocktail hour post meal provides employees more time to mingle and connect. See our tips on how to create a killer office holiday lunch party.
4. Add a Modern Twist to Traditional Holiday Dinner
The Fifth has significantly expanded its sit-down dinner offerings, providing clients with more choices including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Our chefs are elevating the holiday dinner with lobster bisque, smoked duck, black cod Wellington, roulade of grain-fed turkey, as well as beef tenderloin with Quebec foie gras.
5. Create a Relaxed Setting with a Holiday Buffet
For clients looking for a more laid-back meal, our holiday buffet provides guests with comforting holiday classics such as grain-fed turkey breast served with cabernet-cranberry sauce, maple pecan crusted salmon and hand-cut pappardelle.
6. Conclude the Evening with Impressive Dessert Stations
Create an unforgettable evening with a dessert station that adds wow factor and an interactive element to your holiday party.
- Baked Alaska Station mini domes of meringue covered ice cream flambéed with orange liqueur in front of guests
- Crêpe Bar where guests fill their own crèpes with a choice of toppings from chocolate sauce and fresh fruits to ice cream
- Festive Dessert Table classic yule log cake, apple tarte tatin, assortment of holiday cookies, mini eclairs and more…
Ready to Plan Your Holiday Party?
Contact our event coordinators to book you end-of-year celebration. We have many more ways to help you create a festive event your guests will be talking about for seasons to come.